Palm Harbor offers many different lifestyles and is located between Tampa and the northwest gulf coast of Pinellas County.
Palm Harbor is known for it's great schools, family friendly neighborhoods, golf courses and convenience to shopping, boating and the beaches.
Palm Harbor was originally called Sutherland after a post office was granted in 1888, the same year the railroad came through. Sutherland boasted two beautiful hotels, the larger one becoming Southern College in 1902. It sat high on the bluff overlooking Sutherland Bayou and the Gulf of Mexico. Sutherland was thought to be named after the Duke of Sutherland, who visited these parts after landing at Tarpon Springs in 1887. Local pioneers dismiss this coincidence, pointing out that the name Sutherland is a shortening of Southern Land and Development Company, the group which originally platted the community in 1888.